Stomach is the organ that is found between the esophagus and the small intestine, where the food we consume goes, and where digestion takes place.
This is a very formal definition, but if we ask you the first thing that comes to mind when we mention the stomach, you will immediately associate it with food, hunger, pain or butterflies in it.
The main function of our stomach is the process of digestion, but it can be often affected by numerous different reasons.
One of the most common stomach illnesses is the gastritis, which is actually the inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach. It appears in the form of reddish spots, which cause annoyance, pain and even light hemorrhages.
The causes of gastritis can vary a lot, but they are mainly related to bad eating habits, stress, and the abuse of some medications, alcohol and tobacco.
There are several medical treatments to treat gastritis, but we will give you some simple techniques you can use to fight these uncomfortable symptoms with household products and home remedies:
• Celery and carrot juice: Two carrots, some celery stalks and water. Process all the ingredients in a blender, and you will get an anti-inflammatory drink that will help you alleviate that stomach ‘fire’.
• Rice water: Boil a litre of water with two handfuls of white rice, let it cool down, separate the water, and drink that water during the day to mitigate the discomfort caused by gastritis.
• Parsley water: Besides being a good diuretic, this plant helps lower the inflammation of the gastric mucus. Just blend some parsley stalks in a liter of water, let it rest, and drink this water during the day. If you put this water in the fridge beforehand it will be more refreshing.
• Apple and chamomile: take one apple, then peel it and slice it. Put the slices in a pan, pour some water in and add some fresh chamomile flowers. Boil the mixture and then let it cool off for a while. Consume this beverage every morning.
• Ginger and pear: The way of preparation is the same as the previous one, but you can alternate that drink with this one, as ginger is anti-inflammatory as well as a great anti-biotic.