Dandruff, also known as seborrheic dermatitis is a common scalp disorder. It can occur due to dry skin, irritated oily skin, growth of bacteria and fungus on the scalp, inflammatory skin conditions and other such factors.
Itchy scalp is not only uncomfortable and embarrassing in some social situations, it is also a health hazard for your scalp and skin.
Little flakes of dry skin fall on our clothes are actually shed dead skin cells that are falling in order to make space for healthy skin cells. This is not a health problem, but too much dandruff looks ugly especially, if the skin on your scalp renews more often and faster.
Dandruff is a situation that isn’t painful, harmful, nor contagious but is bothersome, especially when wearing dark clothing.
We found some natural home remedies to treat dandruff. If you have dandruff you can try one of these organic solutions today!
1. Apple cider vinegarThis magical ingredient used helps to acid reflux to leg cramps. And Dr. Oz says that it is also effective at treating dandruff,because when applied apple cider vinegar changes the pH of your scalp.
You need to mix a quart cup of apple cider vinegar with a quarter-cup of water,put it in a spray bottle and spray your hair and scalp. Then wrap head in a towel and let it stay for 15 minutes to an hour. And after that wash your hair with water. Dr. Oz thinks that you should do this twice a week.
2. LemonSimilar to apple cider vinegar ,lemon balances your pH level and gives the same effect. Reader’s Digest recommends 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to put them on your head and massage it gently into the scalp and then rinsing with water. This needs to be done every day until you no longer have dandruff.
3. MouthwashWhit this your hair will smell minty. Mix 1/2 cup of mouthwash with 1/2 cup of water.,then pour the solution on clean, towel-dried hair ad massage the mixture into the scalp .Leave it for 5 minutes and then rinse it. Another way is to use a cotton pad to apply the solution directly to affected areas of the scalp.
4. Baking sodaReader’s Digest recommends shampooing your hair with baking soda and with that you will reduce the overactive fungi that cause dandruff. You can scrub hard because baking soda here is used as an exfoliant.
5. GarlicHealth With Food gives a homemade formula that neutralizes the smell of the garlic.First, mash 6 garlic cloves with a garlic and leave them to sit for 10 to 15 minutes, during that time garlic will form allicin, which is a natural dandruff-fighting compound. Then add 7 tablespoons of honey, mix and rub the mixture into your scalp. Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes then wash with your regular anti-dandruff shampoo. Your anti-dandruff shampoo will get an extra boost and you won’t be left with any garlic smell.
6. Olive oilAccording to Livestrong, olive oil is a potent natural moisturizer and by massaging it into your hair and overnight for a particularly strong treatment. You can even wear a shower cap to bed to protect your sheets from staining.
7. Coconut oilCrunch Betty recommends cold-pressed virgin coconut oil for people with dandruff. It’s effective because is moisturizing and has antibacterial properties. Just massage 3-5 tablespoons of coconut oil into the scalp on dry hair. Leave it about one hour and wash it regularly. For the bad case of dandruff, do this every day for 5-7 days. At the end of one week, you can wear your favorite black shirt.
8. SaltReader’s Digest recommends table salt to scrub dandruff from your scalp. Put salt onto your dry scalp and massage it into your hair. Rub the dry areas to reveal smooth skin. Then wash your head normally.
Dandruff free you will be after using this homemade solution . And remember that we are all unique so try several until you find which one works for you!
Thanks for reading. SHARE if you LIKE.