One of the big major causes for death is heart disease. Heart problems are so common that represent a number one killer in the country. Heart attacks and strokes occur due to clogged arteries which can interrupt the blood flow throughout the whole body.
Numerous factors can raise the risk of a heart attack, such as lack of movement, unhealthy eating, and stress. However, if you can introduce some simple changes in your diet in order to protect your health and yourself, reducing thus the risk of heart disease.
Here is a list of some foods and drinks which can help you keep your arteries free of blockage:
1. Salmon Salmon is packed with healthy fats. These fatty acids lower cholesterol, inflammation and triglycerides. This type of fish is believed to be the most beneficial food for the health of the heart.
2. Orange juiceFresh orange juice contains antioxidants that strengthen blood vessels, and lower blood pressure. Just drink 2 glasses of orange juice to get the daily recommended dose of vitamin C, which gives your body the vitamins and minerals it needs.
3. Coffee Many studies have shown that drinking two to four cups of coffee on a daily basis can reduce the risk of heart attack by 20%. Still, do not forget that excessive consumption of coffee it may harm your stomach.
4. Nuts Nuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and unsaturated fats and other healthy fats. Nuts are also pretty beneficial for regulation of the levels of cholesterol in the blood, as well as for boosting the memory and the health of the joints. A handful of almonds and walnuts on a daily basis can actually do a good benefit for your health.
5. Persimmon fruit It is rich in fiber and sterols which lower cholesterol. Some people call it “divine fruit” due to its sweet taste. Add persimmon fruit to your salads and cereal.
6. Turmeric The active compound of turmeric is curcumin. This compound has numerous helath benefits, such as reduction of the tissue inflammation and prevention of overactive fat storage. Add turmeric to your meals, or consume it as a tea.
7. Green tea Green tea is known for its strong calming and energizing effects. This is due to the fact that green tea is rich in catechin, a potent antioxidant that can support the metabolism and reduce the absorption of cholesterol. For best effects, drink one to two cups of green tea on a daily basis.
CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE
8. Cheese If you consume cheese in moderate quantities you will reduce the levels of cholesterol in the blood and the blood pressure.
9. Watermelon Watermelon is not only a refreshing fruit, but it is also a very healthy one. This fruit supports the production of nitric oxide and the health of the blood vessels. You are recommended to consume watermelon as often as you can and enjoy its amazing benefits.
10. Whole grain These ingredients contain large amounts of fiber and thus help in the reduction of the cholesterol in the blood and in the prevention of cholesterol buildup in the arteries. Oats, whole grain bread, and brown rice are some of the foods that are the best sources of whole grains. Whole grains will also help you break down the cholesterol that has already built up in the blood.
11. Cranberries This fruit is an excellent source of potassium, and if you consume it or if you drink the cranberry juice on a regular basis, you will reduce the levels of bad cholesterol and increase the levels of the good one. Take two glasses of cranberry juice every day and you will reduce the risk of heart attack by 40 percent.
12. SeaweedSeaweed has a rich content of minerals, vitamins, proteins, carotenoids, and antioxidants. The regular consumption of it can help you to regulate the blood pressure and lower the cholesterol levels by 5%.
13. Cinnamon This ingredient is most commonly used as tea or added to the baked products. It is highly efficient when it comes to preventing the buildup in the arteries and fighting the high cholesterol. It is enough that you take only one teaspoon of this spice a day, and you will significantly improve your health.
14. Pomegranate Pomegranate is a type of exotic fruit that is rich in phytochemicals that can promote the production of nitric oxide in a natural way, thus improving the blood circulation. This fruit is also great when added to salads.
CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE
15. Spinach This vegetable is an excellent source of potassium and folic acid, so it is highly beneficial when it comes to reduction of the high blood pressure, supporting the muscle tissues, and reduction of the risk of heart attacks.
16. Broccoli Broccoli is a vegetable rich in vitamin K and highly beneficial in reducing the blood pressure and the levels of bad cholesterol in the blood. You are recommended to consume it in all ways: whether it is raw, boiled, as a snack, or added to another, bigger meal.
17. Olive oil The secret to good health and longevity is consumption of high-quality olive oil. The cold-pressed one is especially rich in healthy fats and helps in the reduction of the levels of cholesterol. By consumption of olive oil, you lower your risk of heart attack by 41 percent.
18. Asparagus This vegetable can help you prevent clogging of veins, inflammation and lower the levels of cholesterol in your blood. You can consume it in different combinations: as a side to noodles or potatoes, in soups, or as a main dish.
19. Blueberries Blueberries are a great source of potassium. If you drink cranberry juice, you can raise healthy cholesterol levels and low dangerous. Consumption of 2 glasses per day has been shown to reduce the risk of heart attack by up to 40%.
20. Avocado It is rich in fiber and sterols which lower cholesterol. Some people call it “divine fruit” due to its sweet taste. Add persimmon fruit to your salads and cereal..
Don’t Forget To Share With Your Friends And Family On Facebook, As You Might Help Someone In Need!
Home » Health » 20 Foods That Will Clean Your Arteries Naturally And Protect You From Heart Attacks!